Monday, July 31, 2006

"Go Now"

I think it's time to put this baby to bed.
SongsWithoutWhich has been a lot of fun, a lot of frustration and a lot of inadvertent discoveries for me, but it's run its course. I think that anyone who can find more than 500 songs -- and I haven't; we're into the mid-300s here -- that they can't live without is probably spreading their jam a little too thinly on the toast.
And when I have to spend time actively looking through my archived tapes and lists for songs that I might have overlooked, rather than have songs just arrive in my head, then it's time to call it quits.
I hope you've enjoyed the ride.

****************

4 comments:

Minerva said...

Everything has its time but don't close the door completely. I know how much solace this blog has been to you....

Minerva

Natsthename said...

I certainly have!

I suppose my toast is a little too thinly covered with jam!

I've enjoyed your writing, londonium!!

Evil Minx said...

Oh no... :-(

Don't go. Stay. Keep writing. Whenever you want. I won't pressure you. I love what you write. I love coming here. It's like a favourite restaurant or bar, where the words are the sustenance that I crave.

And no matter what i order from the menu, i always enjoy my selection.

You will be sorely missed, Londinium. I hope you don't plan to stop visiting me...

Hugs and kisses
Minxy

Russell CJ Duffy said...

going to miss this site very much.
take care mate.