Wednesday, January 26, 2005

"Crazy"

Have you ever met someone, fallen utterly head-over-heels in love with each other, felt like you were reborn, and then, in your quieter moments, not quite been able to completely believe your luck? This must be your lucky day, 'cos I have a song that fits that particular bill. Gorgeous power chords, shovelfuls of of echo, and a voice that fits the sense of wonder and disorientation. "Hey I'm a lucky guy/Without a reason and I/Don't understand." Or "Could be I'm happy, I'm sad/Could be I'm losing my head/Over you." Or "So if I'm dreaming, don't wake me tonight/If this is all wrong/Then I don't want it right." Too simplistic? Too much goo-goo eyes? Pah. Go and make love to a dictionary, then. Icehouse were never much cop, but they did a fabulous version of Killing Joke's "Love Like Blood", and then they did this. Listen to this song, and then you'll know what you've missed all your life.

No comments: